Modern window shades come in a wide variety of materials, colors, and styles and can serve multiple purposes such as filtering or blocking light or providing insulation. No matter what your needs may be, we strive to bring you the best quality shades and superior installation services.
We Take the Guesswork Out of Selecting Window Shades
So just how is one to know which window shade is best for your needs? In general, there are several things to consider before purchasing window shades. You'll need to consider light control, insulation level, visual impact, cost, and shape.
- Light Controls - Light filtering window shades are a good choice for those who want to control the level of light coming into their home. Kitchens and dining rooms can benefit from this type of blind. Similarly, blackout window shades block a majority of the light entering a room, so if you like to sleep in total darkness or have a window directly facing the setting sun, blackout shades may be the best option for you.
- Insulation Level - Did you know that up to 25% of your home's heating and cooling costs are due to loss of energy through windows? If top-notch insulation is the most important factor for you, then consider cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades. Cellular shades work by trapping the air to create an insulating barrier between the window and the room. The varying weights of fabric available allow you to customize your desired insulation level. Perfect for keeping your home cool during hot Austin, TX summers!
- Visual Impact - Some homeowners prefer to focus on the visual impact that window shades can provide. Our window shades come in a variety of sizes, weights, colors, and patterns, and can be customized to complement almost any decor. From subtle to dramatic, we can offer window shades that are not only functional but lend a complimentary design aspect to your home.
- Cost - Fitting your home with attractive and durable window shades doesn't have to break the bank! Call Ripley's Blind and Drapery and we will be glad to help find beautiful and functional window shades to fit your budget.
- Shape - It's fairly simple to purchase shades and/or treatments for good old rectangular-shaped windows. But what if you are shopping for an arch window or skylight? We can offer customized window shades to fit just about any window or door.
Get In Touch Today!
Whether you are in the market for honeycomb shades, blackout shades, or motorized shades, you have come to the right place. Call or stop by Ripley's Blind and Drapery and let our friendly staff members find the perfect window shades for your Austin, TX home!